Mid-week cooking can be tricky, feeling like you have no time or energy to cook something that also nourishes the soul. This tuna salad from Katie Martin’s ‘The Kitchen Series’ couldn’t be easier to make, and it’s just about as healthy as it gets!
Tuna Salad Ingredients:
- 2 x 70g tins of tuna
- 2 cups salad mix or spinach
- ¼ cup cooked rice (or half a microwaveable rice cup)
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ capsicum
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ avocado
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- Chilli flakes (to taste)
Tuna Salad Method:
Place all ingredients in a bowl. Give it a good mix, and that’s it!
You could also substitute the rice for roast vegetables of your choice. To ensure the salad stays fresh and crunchy, don’t add the dressing until just before serving.
Katie Martin is Queensland’s leading personal trainer, with an activewear line and cookbook under her belt at just 23. With a cult social media following, Katie shares easy to follow, healthy, delicious and attainable recipes on her socials as well as in her cookbook, The Kitchen Series (Volume 1).
If you liked this tuna salad, find Katie Martin’s honey chicken recipe here.
- 4 Incredibly Healthy & Delicious Juice Recipes
- The Joy of Juicing With MOD Cold Press Juicer
- Drizzle Your Oat Pancakes With Coconut Syrup
- Stir-fried Cauliflower With Capers, Chilli and Parsley
- How to Host A Memorable English High Tea
- Katie Martin’s Cabbage and Beef Rissoles Recipe
- Feed Your Main Man This Father’s Day