For this recipe, try using raw, local honey that is full of immune boosting propolis! Bees produce this resin to protect their hive from viruses, making it a potent antiviral and just another bonus to eating honey!
Makes four servings
Ingredients for Honey Chicken:
- 2kg chicken legs
- ½ cup honey
- ½ Cocominos
- ½ cup tamari
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius, on fan forced.
- Spread chicken evenly in a lined baking tray.
- Cover the chicken in honey, cocominos, garlic and salt.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray, and turn the chicken over roasting for another 20 – 30 minutes or until golden brown. You will smell the chicken caramelizing. The chicken will be a mouth-watering colour once fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and plate up!
Note: This can also be done with chicken wings or Marylands – but cooking times may vary slightly. It pairs perfectly with steamed carrots and a fresh salad. Will last in the fridge for up to three days… if there’s any left.
More about Katie
Katie Martin is Queensland’s leading personal trainer, with an activewear line and cookbook under her belt at just 23. With a cult social media following, Katie shares easy to follow, healthy, delicious and attainable recipes on her socials as well as in her cookbook, The Kitchen Series (Volume 1).