This cabbage and beef rissoles recipe is a great way to incorporate plenty of veggies into your meal, especially for any parents with fussy little ones!
Makes 15 rissoles
- 500g beef mince (or any minced meat)
- 1 cup red cabbage, grated
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 eggs
- ¼ cup buckwheat flower
- Olive oil
- Grate the zucchini, carrot and cabbage and add into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the same bowl and use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- If the mixture sticks to your hands, add a little more flour.
- Roll into balls and then press the balls flat, being careful not to break them.
- Cook in an oiled frypan over a medium heat, or a BBQ for a perfectly cooked rissole.
Note: You can substitute the beef mince for chicken, turkey, lamb or pork. Even salmon or tuna would work! For an even deeper flavour, Katie recommends sautéing the vegetables prior to adding them to the minced meat. These can be stored uncooked in the freezer for up to three months.
More about Katie
Katie Martin is Queensland’s leading personal trainer, with an activewear line and cookbook under her belt at just 23. With a cult social media following, Katie shares easy to follow, healthy, delicious and attainable recipes on her socials as well as in her cookbook, The Kitchen Series (Volume 1).
If you liked this cabbage and beef rissoles recipe, find Katie’s honey chicken recipe here.