If you haven’t heard of the Fast 800, it is an innovative approach to healthy living based on the latest scientific research in the area of health. The programme is based on Dr Michael Mosley’s best selling books – ‘The Fast 800’, ‘The Fast Diet’, ‘Fast Exercise’ and ‘The Blood Sugar Diet’. Now, his wife Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison have published ‘The Fast 800 Easy’. This Baked Nectarines with Blackberries recipes is from the new book, and contains just 102 calories.
PREP 5 mins
COOK 40 mins
PER SERVING 102 cals | PROTEIN 3g | CARBS 15g | FAT 2.5g | FIBRE 4g
This is one of our favourite summer desserts. It’s incredibly easy to make and can be served warm or cold. It also makes a lovely, fruity breakfast, served with yoghurt and a sprinkling of sugar-free granola.
- 4 ripe nectarines or peaches, halved and stoned
- 150g fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds (around 15g)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Place the nectarine or peach halves in a small, shallow ovenproof dish or tin, cut side up. Sprinkle over 6 tablespoons of cold water. Scatter over the blackberries and the flaked almonds. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the foil and bake for a further 5–10 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly toasted and the nectarines are very soft.
4. Serve warm or cold with full-fat Greek yoghurt (20cals per tablespoon) or crème fraîche (57cals per tablespoon).
If you don’t have blackberries, use raspberries instead.
Extracted from The Fast 800 Easy by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison. Published by Simon & Schuster Australia, RRP $35. Photography © Smith & Gilmour