Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa in Koh Samui, Thailand, was recently awarded Spa Cuisine of the Year 2018.
To mark the occasion, here is Kamalaya’s Chilled Melon Soup With Ginger And Mint Granite.
150g Watermelon, no seed
100g Cantaloupe melon
2 ml Ginger, juice
1g Chili powder
1g Mint granite
1g Mint fresh
1g Ginger stripes
1. Cut the melon in to small size and blend it together with the ice cubes, ginger juice and chili powder on a
high level for about 30 seconds.
2. If the soups consistence is to thick add little bit vegetable stock, keep chilled.
3. Cut the ginger in very fine julienne.
4. For the granite, bring the vegetable stock to boil turn of the heat, add the lime and mint and let the liquid
sit for about 10 minutes and strain.
5. Next put the stevia in to a fine strainer and strain several times the liquid through that the liquid gets a
sweet note ( need to check the flavour after each straining process) – freeze.
6. Serve the soup in a small chilled bowl, scrape out 20 g of the granite and put on to, garnish out with a
nice mint leaf and the ginger.