For a quick and easy healthy soup, try Kamalaya’s Chilled Melon Soup With Ginger And Mint Granite.
Kamalaya has won more than 35 industry and consumer awards since its inception, including most recently Worldwide Health & Wellness Destination of the Year 2022 at the World Spa & World Spa & Wellness Awards.
150g Watermelon, no seed
100g Cantaloupe melon
2 ml Ginger, juice
1g Chili powder
1g Mint granite
1g Mint fresh
1g Ginger stripes
1. Cut the melon in to small size and blend it together with the ice cubes, ginger juice and chili powder on a
high level for about 30 seconds.
2. If the soups consistence is to thick add little bit vegetable stock, keep chilled.
3. Cut the ginger in very fine julienne.
4. For the granite, bring the vegetable stock to boil turn of the heat, add the lime and mint and let the liquid
sit for about 10 minutes and strain.
5. Next put the stevia in to a fine strainer and strain several times the liquid through that the liquid gets a
sweet note ( need to check the flavour after each straining process) – freeze.
6. Serve the soup in a small chilled bowl, scrape out 20 g of the granite and put on to, garnish out with a
nice mint leaf and the ginger.
The multi-award winning Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary is located on the southern coast of Koh Samui, Thailand. Founded by John and Karina Stewart in 2005, Kamalaya offers immersive wellness experiences that inspire, motivate, and empower our guests to achieve their wellbeing goals and become better versions of themselves. Kamalaya’s wellness programs support guests in their health goals to achieve optimal wellbeing, while supporting them to reconnect to the true source of healing and creativity within and to feel life’s potential. Integrating healing traditions from east and west, the 17 customised wellness programs include Detoxification & Rejuvenation, Stress & Burnout, Enriched Gut, Sleep Enhancement, Embracing Change, Yoga Synergy, and Resilience & Immunity.