One of the most popular dishes on Kamalaya’s Detox Menu is the Mung Bean Risotto. Green mung beans are rich in complete plant protein, fibre, antioxidants, and phytonutrients. While coconut milk can help to lower cholesterol levels and improve blood pressure, it also gives the risotto a creamy texture and slight natural sweetness.
Mung Bean Risotto Recipe
- 100g Mung beans, cooked
- 20g Pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 20g Carrot, diced
- 20g Asparagus, diced
- 20g Long beans
- 20g Onion
- 200mL Coconut milk
- 5mL Truffle oil
- 10mL Olive oil
- 3g Garlic, crushed
- 10g Spring onion
- 1g Sea salt
- 1g Black pepper
- 3g Sunflower sprouts
- Soak the mung beans overnight and drain the water before using them the next day. Add fresh water and cook them for about an hour until they become soft.
- Then bring the coconut milk to simmer and add the cooked mung beans, garlic, pumpkin, long beans, carrot, and asparagus. Simmer for approximately 5 or 10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add sea salt, pepper, truffle oil and chives to finish.
- Put the risotto in a bowl and garnish with sunflower sprouts.
The multi-award winning Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary is located on the southern coast of Koh Samui, Thailand. Founded by John and Karina Stewart in 2005, Kamalaya offers immersive wellness experiences that inspire, motivate, and empower our guests to achieve their wellbeing goals and become better versions of themselves. Kamalaya’s wellness programs support guests in their health goals to achieve optimal wellbeing, while supporting them to reconnect to the true source of healing and creativity within and to feel life’s potential.