Introducing Trent Morrow, Australia’s Marathon Man who has completed more marathons than any other Australian in history and holds a World Record for running the most marathons across 7 continents in 1 year, and he’s not stopping there!
By the end of the year, Trent aims to bring his total number of marathons to 350 in just over 10 years – an incredible achievement. He is set to run in the Sydney’s Blackmore Marathon on 16th September. What keeps him motivated to continue?
“I am motivated to make a difference in supporting and encouraging others to push the limits and discover what is possible at all levels,” says Trent.
Inspired by the tragic loss of his Mum and Step Mum to cancer, Trent uses marathons around the world as a platform to encourage others to make the most of their health and to go the distance to achieve their personal dreams in life.
“There is so much going on in our professional or personal worlds, and running provides the perfect opportunity to focus on a set goal and test ourselves against personal expectations.”
Trent recently revealed a 30kg weight loss in just 4 months following a unique detox program, developed by renowned Chinese medicine pioneer Dr. Shuquan Liu, Founder of TCM Australia. The TCM 101 Wellbeing program helped Trent return to optimum health after gaining weight over 4 years which left him feeling lethargic, unmotivated and making it challenging for him to continue running.
Built on a foundation of over 5,000 years of Chinese medicinal science, the 101 Wellbeing Program is designed to reset bad habits and reboot internal organs to help individual patients achieve and maintain their optimum health. Tailored specifically to each client, the program includes a combination of exclusive treatments including Chinese herbal medicine, Tui Na massage, acupuncture, cupping, and reflexology.
“This program is for anyone seriously committed to taking steps to fine-tune their health and body.”
“Dr. Liu really has helped me discover a new level of health and fitness and I am now thoroughly looking forward to living my dream to inspire the world to make the most of every opportunity.”
For the Carousel, Trent has put together his top five tips for first-time marathon runners, so if you’re thinking of putting on your running shoes, here they are:
- Surround yourself with the most supportive people to help encourage, motivate and inspire – Sometimes it may be that you have to look outside your current circle of friends, colleagues and family members to find this support to help keep you on track.
- Learn from others, although be sure to test out what works best for you and stick to this.
- Train for the distance and look to run a minimum 30km prior to testing yourself in advance of the marathon.
- Talk race strategy prior with your friends so as you are aware whether you will run together or do your own thing on race day.
- Plan to break it down and when the going gets tough refocus on the reasons that you are doing this. Set your sights on the next water station where you can take the chance to walk and recover. Then set your sights on the next landmark and water station., always taking one step closer to the finish line.