• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion, peeled and chopped small
• ⅓ cup slivered almonds
• 1 large cauliflowers, trimmed and cut into small pieces
• 1 teaspoon harissa
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 litre chicken stock
• Salt to taste (check before adding, especially if using commercially made stock)
• Extra almonds or fresh coriander to garnish if desired
Heat up a medium pot and add olive oil.
Fry onion and almonds over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring regularly.
Add cauliflower, harissa and cumin and stir for a minute or two before adding chicken stock.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for twenty minutes.
Use a stick blender to puree soup and then serve.