Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa was named ‘Best Overseas Health & Wellness Retreat’ for the fourth time, in Luxury Travel Magazine’s Annual Gold List Awards. Located amid a lush, tropical landscape on the southern coast of Koh Samui, Thailand, the wellness property successfully integrates healing practices, therapies and philosophies from East and West in a serene environment. Best known for its range of Stress & Burnout programs, Kamalaya offers a wide choice of 14 wellness programs for a healthy lifestyle spanning from Sleep to Fitness. Kamalaya is also well known for its healthy cuisine, and to create a little taste of Kamalaya at home, we have included a couple of winter warmer recipes to try at home…
Try this detox pumpkin curry recipe.
Detox Papaya Moo Ingredients
Dry large red chili, no seed Garlic 20g
Young galangal 10g
Lemon grass 25g
Kaffir lime leaves 2
Vegetable stock 100mL
- Combine all ingredients and blend till a fine paste.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Pumpkin Curry Ingredients
Sliced pumpkin 70g
Sliced kohlrabi or other white vegetable 40g
Sliced okra 15g
Detox curry paste 40g
Coconut milk 250g
Red chili large sliced
Kaffir lime leaf
Sea salt to taste
- Heat up the coconut milk in the pan until it startsto simmer.
- Add the curry paste, kaffir lime leave and season.
- Blanch the okra, pumpkin and kohlrabi in boilingwater and cool off in ice water.
- Add these vegetables to the curry and simmer for2 minutes more.
- Before serving add the sweet basil and garnishwith 3 slices of the chili.
- Best served with steamed rice or steamed ricenoodles.