The world-famous Maille Mustard has collaborated with Leah Itsines, the Australian cook, best-selling author and renowned food blogger to craft a collection of nourishing plant-based recipes that can be effortlessly be created at home using Maille’s versatile kitchen cupboard staples.
This delicious recipe by Maille’s expert mustard sommeliers is from the new recipe e-book ‘Plant Based Exploration’ which is filled with flavourful recipes from the Leah Itsines and Maille’s experts.
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 6 MINUTES
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced, some outer leaves reserved for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp butter or dairy-free butter
- 1⁄4 cup Maille Wholegrain Mustard
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or plant-based cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 1⁄2 cups pasta cooking liquid.
2. While the pasta cooks, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper. Add an additional 1 Tbsp. olive oil to the skillet and repeat with remaining brussels sprouts. Transfer to plate.
3. Add the butter to the now empty skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add garlic and saute until fragrant and just beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Add the pasta, brussels sprouts, reserved leaves, mustard, the cheese and 1⁄2 cup pasta water. Stir to coat the pasta, adding additional pasta water as needed to reach your desired consistency.
4. Off heat, stir in lemon juice and zest. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with lemon wedges and additional parmesan cheese on the side.
Discover more plant-based recipes by Leah Itsines and Maille’s expert mustard sommeliers at maille.com.au. You can download the complete recipe e-book and also attend a virtual cooking class with Leah for seven of the recipes, where she will guide you through each one step-by-step.
Tip: For a plant-based option, swap the parmesan cheese for a diary-free cheese alternative.
Check out https://maille.com.au/ for more.