Prep time 15mins + setting time
Cost per serve $1.00
Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg Free, Family-Friendly, Freezer-Friendly, Make Ahead, 5 or less key ingredients, Budget Friendly ($1.00 per serve)
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 fresh medjool date, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set aside 6 hazelnuts to use later.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup of hazelnuts in a food processor and blitz until processed to a fine meal. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the meal, for rolling.
- Add cacao/cocoa powder, date and vanilla, to the food processor and process with the hazelnut meal until smooth. Add a drop or two of water if required so mixture combines together.
- Place mix into a bowl and freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Scoop out tablespoons of the mix to form 6 small balls and push a whole hazelnut from the remaining nuts, into the centre of each ball.
- Roll balls in the leftover hazelnut meal to serve. Two balls is one serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutritional Information Per Serve
Energy 777 kJ / 185 cals Protein 4.4g Fibre 3.1g Total Fat 16.5g Carbohydrates 3.9g Saturated Fat 0.9g Total Sugar 3.1g Free Sugar 0g
The Healthy Mummy Magazine
This recipe has been extracted from the “Healthy Mummy” magazine available now in selected newsagents and supermarkets for RRP $9.99.