Serves 6 +
- 600g soaked cannellini beans (200g dry) 9 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch sage, roughly picked
- 1 bunch oregano, roughly picked
- 6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced on the mandolin 1 ltr water
- 300ml olive oil
Wash the soaked beans and place all the ingredients in a pan and gently simmer until the beans are tender. Remove from the heat and season well. Cool and store and in an airtight container in the fridge.
(makes 17 portions, keeps for 7 days)
- 300g sourdough ripped roughly 100ml olive oil
- 100g pumpkins seeds
- 20g garlic, finely sliced
- 5 sprigs of thyme
Rip the bread into small pieces and place in a pan with the oil. Heat until it starts to turn golden brown, and add the pumpkin seeds until it is all crispy. Add the garlic and remove from the heat, letting the residual heat crisp the garlic. Leave to cool and then add the picked thyme. Store in an airtight container.
To Serve: Each Plate
- olive oil
- 100g blanched spring greens 350g braised beans
- 25g sourdough crumb
- 1⁄4 lemon
Oil and season the blanched spring greens and char on the griddle. Finish with salt and a little lemon juice. Put the portion of beans onto a plate, and place the spring greens on top, as per the photograph. Garnish with the sourdough crumb and lemon zest.
This recipe was supplied by Bill Granger for Meat Free Week 2018. The campaign runs from 24-30 September in support of Bowel Cancer Australia. See meatfreeweek.org to sign up.