For the fritters:
250g full fat cottage cheese
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1 red long chilli
Handful fresh mint leaves (plus extra to serve)
½ cup quinoa flakes
Olive or coconut oil for frying
For the cucumber salad and dressing:
1 Lebanese cucumber
2 teaspoons tahini
2 tablespoons Greek full fat yoghurt
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons water
1. Place cottage cheese on a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl and leave for 5 minutes to strain away excess whey.
2. Meanwhile, roughly chop baby spinach leaves, deseed and chop the chilli and mint. Place in a bowl and whisk together with the eggs.
3. Add the cottage cheese and quinoa flakes, whisk to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes for the mixture to thicken.
4. Meanwhile using a mandolin slicer or vegetable peeler, peel cucumber into thin long ribbons.
5. In a small bowl mix together the tahini, yoghurt, lemon juice and water.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan set over medium heat. Dollop about 1⁄4 of a cup of the batter for each fritter and flatten down with the back of a spatula. Cook in batches for 4 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until lightly golden and the edges are crisp.
Serve fritters with the cucumber salad, extra mint leaves and tahini dressing.
The Carousel thanks nutritional medicine practitioner Fiona Tuck for this recipe. Follow Fiona on Instagram, @fionatucknutrition.