Make this zucchini and ricotta tart for an easy and healthy family meal!
- 650 g (23 oz) zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 250 g (8 oz) firm ricotta
- 100 g (10½ oz) Danish feta
- 1 lemon, juice + zest
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup/2 fl oz) milk, your choice
- leafy greens to serve
- 1 quantity Spelt pastry(store bought or home made)
- PREHEAT your oven 200° (400°F) fan-forced.
- COMBINE zucchini and salt in a bowl, then place in a colander for 15 minutes to allow any excess moisture to drain out.
- PLACE the pastry on a sheet of baking paper and roll out until about 30 cm (12 inches) diameter. Transfer pastry and baking paper onto a baking tray. Refrigerate before using.
- SMASH ricotta and feta into a bowl, then mix through the chives and lemon zest.
- SPREAD the ricotta mixture onto the pastry, leaving a 3 cm (1inch) border around the edges.
- ARRANGE the zucchini on top of the ricotta.
- FOLD OVER the pastry to enclose the filling and brush with a little milk to glaze.
- BAKE the tart for 45 minutes or until golden.
- SERVE and enjoy with leafy greens and a drizzle of lemon juice.
Teresa Cutter’s New Cookbook
Featuring over 300 recipes that are simple, healthy and budget friendly, this cookbook is a healthy take on all the classics and family favourites.
With 11 chapters ranging from nourishing breakfasts, family dinners, grazing plates for entertaining, breads and spectacular desserts, there are so many recipes that are sure to become new family favourites. This is the perfect cookbook to stand proud on your kitchen bench or give as a gift to someone you love.