This cake is a gorgeous all-time favourite at Healthy Chef HQ. We make this cake about once a week for entertaining purposes, high tea and cooking events. Enriched with generous amounts of heart healthy olive oil, this cake will become your favourite.
Makes 1 cake
- 2 organic eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange
- 180 ml (3/4 cup/6 fl oz) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 180 g (6 oz) wholemeal spelt flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Teresa Cutter’s Method
- PREHEAT your oven to 160°C (320°F) fan forced.
- COMBINE eggs, olive oil, honey, vanilla and orange zest and orange juice into a mixing bowl.
- ADD flour and baking powder and mix with a whisk until combined.
- POUR into a prepared baking tin.
- BAKE for 45 – 60 minutes until cooked through.
- COOL in the tin for 30 minutes then remove to cool on a board or cake rack.
- SERVE for morning or afternoon tea and enjoy.
- DECORATE with caramelised sliced oranges.
For a gluten free version, Teresa Cutter recommends adding one more egg and reducing orange juice to 125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) using 220 g (7 oz) almond meal combined with 220 g (7 oz) rice flour.
If you liked this recipe by Teresa Cutter, find more recipes here.