Starting a plant-based journey and eating more of your foods from plant-based sources can seem daunting, but fear no more! Vitamix have collaborated with culinary wellness guru, Bettina Campolucci Bordi, on an ebook, Nourished by Nature, to create exclusive and nutritious recipes and tips for leading a plant-based diet.
A plant-based chef and cookbook author herself, Bettina has tried and tested all the plant-based hacks and alternatives. Whether you’re vegan, flexitarian, pescatarian, or just giving plant-based a go, her tips will give you the confidence to make healthier changes that are right for you!
Bettina Campolucci Bordi‘s Tips:
1. Get started with smoothies and soups: You don’t have to go all-in straight away – an easy way to get going is to replace one meal a day with something entirely plant-based and go from there.
2. Get creative: Vitamix can make plant-based sauces, dips, spreads and burgers easy to throw together when you want weekday goodness on the table, fast.
3. DIY alternatives to plant-based convenience food: From on the go snacks to impressive desserts, there’s no need to compromise on nutrition when you go plant-based
4. Make your own plant milks: Making your own plant milk is a far healthier option and much easier than you might think.
5. Buy seasonal, local and preferably organic: Learn to eat smaller quantities of good quality produce over more of the not-so-good stuff.
Want to try out some plant-based recipes? Try this soup.
Thai ginger soup with cashews
- 480ml water
- 100g carrot
- 100g cabbage
- 1 celery stalk, halved
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 courgette, halved
- 1 green onion
- 1 lime
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 red chilli, optional
- 125g cashews
- 1 Tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
Add 120ml of coconut milk at the end of the blending cycle to give the soup a richer flavour.