Fear. It’s the single biggest obstacle to growth, happiness and living a limitless life.
Surrendering to the fear you feel is all areas of your life is the key to letting go and living the life that was meant for you, the one you can create for yourself. But, the first step to surrendering is to recognise, clearly, what those fears are. Fear can manifest in all kinds of different ways in our thought-patterns and in our physical bodies and these play out in all different forms for each of us in our lives. Here Naomi Simpson (Australia’s number on influencer on LinkedIn) shares the most common five fears that basically make us get in the way of ourselves.
1. Humiliation — the fear of what other people think (the irony is that people are too busy thinking about themselves to worry about thinking about you)
2. Separation — the fear of being different, separated from those who are important to us, of being disconnected
3. Poverty — the fear of ‘not having enough’ (although money does not bring security)
4. Unknown — the fear of new things, or lacking faith, hope and trust
5. Missing out — the fear of not being able to keep up with others (so you are continually making comparisons)
Live What You Love by Naomi Simson (Harlequin, $29.99 pb, $19.99 e-book, onsale now).
Which fears are you harbouring? Which fears can you let go of to open up more possibilities in your life? Tell us in the comments below…