For a weekend getaway why not visit Australia’s top wine regions?
The Hunter Valley Food and Wine Month is officially in full swing (22nd May – 30th June 2018), a two-month-long celebration of the region’s unique culture of fine wine and food.
Throughout the month of June, visitors can take part in a series of intimate themed activities that are sure to delight and inspire. As we delve into the thick of winter, the season of sitting fireside with a glass of vino has truly begun.
It’s no secret that the Hunter offers an endless array of top quality wineries in close proximity, which makes for the ideal booze-filled day of hopping from one vineyard to another. However, true wine connoisseurs understand that the best vineyards Australia has on offer aren’t exclusively limited to the Hunter Valley. For those looking to expand their horizons and broaden their pallets from the Hunter and beyond, we present the top wine tours and getaways available on Groupon across the country.
Yarra Valley, Victoria
Yarra Valley is home to 300 vineyards, making it the perfect location for a boozey winter getaway. The region’s cooler temperatures make for the ideal climate for the production of sparkling Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, and Pinot Noir. If you’re looking to sample to finest grapes from all around the Yarra Valley, a selection of great deals, perfect for weekend escapes or day trips are available.
Deals in the Yarra Valley:
- The Yarra Glen Apartment make the perfect base, just 10 minutes from the wineries of the Yarra Valley.
- De’Vine Tasting Escape quietly nestled in Dixon’s Creek, just minutes from Yarra Glen, De’Vine Escape marries the picturesque scenery it’s situated on with a range of packages
- Forget me not cottages only an hour away from the hustle and bustle of Melbourne, a memorable self-contained accommodation that oozes rest and relaxation
Hunter Valley, New South Wales
Treat yourself to an escape to the Hunter Valley for a romantic weekend away with your partner or a luxurious girl’s weekend. Located just two hours out of Sydney, there’s an endless range of wine tours and experiences in The Hunter Valley. With 130 Wineries spread amongst Australia’s best-known wine region, it’s sometimes difficult to know where to even begin when making tracks across the Hunter.
- The Hunter Valley Resort is nestled within 70 acres of Hunter Valley’s iconic wine country and offers guests the opportunity to wander in the resort’s very own Shiraz vineyards, which have been producing tart, dark-skinned grapes for four decades.
- Estate Tuscany-Pokolbin Set on 26 acres of countryside in the heart of the Hunter Valley, this relaxed hotel is 2.4km from Piggs Peake Winery
- The Hotel: Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort – Overlooking the scenic hinterland surroundings of the Hunter Valley, Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort tempts travellers to enjoy a family break or a romantic stay at a tranquil and intimate location.
The Barossa Valley
Located just an hour’s drive north of Adelaide, the Barossa is home to more than 150 wineries and 80 cellar doors. Treat yourself to a full-day Barossa winery tour, or a romantic weekend trip away. Check out the famous wines that hail from the Barossa Valley.
- Adelaide Hills Winery offers private tours for two to four people in BMW 5 Series sedan, visiting world-famous wineries including Jacob’s Creek, Kies, Saltram’s, Wolf Bass and Lambert Estate.
- Novotel Barossa Valley Resort – Located just over an hour out of Adelaide, The Novotel Barossa Valley Resort boasts panoramic views across the Barossa Ranges and Jacobs Creek Vineyards.
The Mornington Peninsula
The Mornington Peninsula has 200 vineyards, 50 cellar doors and has a range of wines on offer including Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio and Shiraz. Personalised luxury guided tours enable you to have an amazing experience and get to visit renowned wineries. It’s safe to say, there couldn’t be a more scenic location to weather the winter months.
- Peninsula Wine Tours – Tours on offer include wine, foodie, sightseeing, golfing and partying tours, with some of the top wineries including Tuck’s Ridge, Crittenden Wines and Paringa Estate amongst many others.