1. One of Lauren Bath’s favourite spots to watch the sunset on the NSW South Coast is from the light house at Wollongong, where you are guaranteed a great photo as the sky changes with vibrant pinks, purples, yellows and oranges.
2. Sit back and relax with a glass of local wine at Elton’s Café in Mudgee and watch the sun set over this picturesque country town with its historic streetscape.
3. During Winter, snowboarders brave the brisk early mornings to catch the sun rise, and to be the first to hit the slopes at Blue Cow at Perisher in the NSW Snowy Mountains.
4. Rise early and salute the sun with morning yoga at sunrise at Hat Head National Park on the NSW North Coast.
5. Enjoy outdoor outback art at the Living Desert Sculptures in Broken Hill and watch the sun set far on the horizon. From this vantage point, see flocks of native birds taking flight and experience the vastness of outback Australia.
6. From lookouts in the Blue Mountains, watch the sunrise over the misty Grose Valley in this stunning World Heritage-listed National Park.