There are few better ways to explore Europe than by luxurious river cruise, but for those who are interested in health and wellness there is a doubly fabulous option that will leave you with a post-holiday glow like never before – a 13-day wellness-themed cruise aboard Avalon Waterways’ Blue Danube Discovery river cruise.
Starting in Budapest and ending with three nights in Prague, this special Blue Danube Discovery tour is a delightful journey through charming, old world European waterside towns and villages along the Danube River.
As the ship meanders its way past picture-perfect towns and villages, guests will enjoy an onboard program designed to invigorate mind, body and soul with a health and wellness professional providing classes and lectures – all with the emphasis on how to look and feel your best.
Wellness cruise highlights
- Budapest’s local markets are an ideal introduction to the types of fresh food experiences you can expect in Europe.
- Learn about Hungarian history during guided shore excursions to the Royal Palace grounds or one of many museums.
- Spend 7 nights aboard the Avalon Poetry II with guided shore excursions and plenty of time in Vienna, Passau and medieval Regensburg and in Prague at the conclusion of the cruise. See Durnstein’s baroque Stiftskirche, experience the reverence of the Benedictine Abbey in Melk, and indulge your taste for food and wine throughout the journey.
- Disembark Poetry II and enjoy your last three nights in the golden city of Prague; the Jewish Quarter, Hradcany Castle, shop for hand-cut crystal and sample authentic homemade Czech dumplings.
- Throughout the cruise wellness and fitness professional Suzanne Florence will be our guest lecturer and will help you achieve a more healthy lifestyle by making time for the most important person – you!
Imagine a holiday that:
- Eliminates tedious road travel but affords ample time to explore intriguing historical, cultural & historical sites.
- Jettisons the annoyance of packing and unpacking every day or two settling you into your own luxury stateroom or suite.
- Features an onboard health and wellness professional to show you the path to achieving better overall wellbeing.
- Unearths the rich culture and tradition of Budapest, Vienna, Durnstein, Melk, Linz, Passau, Regensburg, Nuremberg and Prague from the serenity of a state of the art vessel and your own luxury stateroom or suite.
For more information click here.
This blog was first published on Balance by Deborah Hutton.
Have you explored Europe on a river cruise? Tell us about your experience below…