Valentine’s Day in Sydney and NSW is shaping up to be super romantic. Whether you’re celebrating with your partner, your friends, extended family or even your pet, love is well and truly in the air in Sydney and NSW this Valentine’s Day.
Indulge in five-star dining on Sydney Harbour, camp under the stars on the South Coast, hot air balloon at sunrise over Mudgee’s vineyards or rejuvenate in true luxury amongst the World-Heritage listed Blue Mountains.
Here’s our wrap of 25 super fun and romantic Valentine’s Day dates in Sydney and NSW.
- For the ultimate proposal with a difference, book the ‘Marry Me’ Suite overlooking Sydney Harbour at Pier One Sydney. Get down on one knee on your private balcony under the Sydney Harbour Bridge surrounded with MARRY ME lights, champagne and chocolate coated strawberries, plus your own personal photographer.
- Spend a night in what could be Sydney’s most luxe hotel room – the Executive Harbour Bridge Suite at the brand-new Crown Sydney. Make the most of the luxurious hotel pool overlooking Sydney Harbour and delight your senses with internationally acclaimed Chef Nobu Matsuhisa’s contemporary Japanese fusion menu at Nobu Sydney.
- For true wow-factor, book the Harbour Suite at Park Hyatt Sydney and feel like royalty with a bespoke in-room dinner served by your very own butler. Close out the evening luxuriating in the bath which boasts unparalleled views of Sydney Opera House.
- Take your love to new heights and fly by Sydney Seaplane from Rose Bay to Whale Beach and spend the night in one of Jonah’s eleven recently refurbished Ocean Retreat rooms. Bask in the picturesque coastal views over an alfresco lunch on the balcony terrace, and order Executive Chef Matteo Zamboni’s recommendation – the ‘Frutti di Mare’ seafood platter for two.
- Spoil your loved one with a weekend stay at Contemporary Hotels’ breathtaking Palm Beach Villa. Boasting uninterrupted views from Palm Beach to the Central Coast, you can get the heart pumping and complete the iconic Barrenjoey Lighthouse walk, then wind down with a carefully curated Valentine’s Day Meal by The Boathouse, featuring a seafood platter for two, sexy brulee tarts and bottle of Bollinger.
- Planning to pop the question? Why not do it outdoors with LeFromage and Picnic & Proposals who will arrange the ultimate picnic proposal set-up in Sydney. From Observatory Hill, to the shores of Watson’s Bay, Neilsen Park or a sentimental location of your choice – just take your pick and leave the romance to the experts. This is truly Valentine’s Day in Sydney done well!
- Enjoy a romantic cruise on Sydney Harbour with My Sydney Boat, enjoying a cheese platter and bottle of bubbles in a secret Sydney Harbour cove before disembarking at Catalina Rose Bay. Savour the special four-course Valentine’s Day menu including the signature pan-fried snapper which has featured on the menu for 25 years.
- Free flowing Mumm Champagne – say no more! Head to the all-new Mumm Harbour Bar onboard Captain Cook Cruises in Sydney Harbour from 12 to 14 February, and enjoy 1 1⁄2 hours of bottomless Mumm Grand Cordon Champagne, a seafood platter and 360-degree waterfront views.
- Rejuvenate with a luxurious couples’ treatment at The Darling Spa. Try the Li’tya Ocean Dreaming Bath package for a relaxing massage and cleansing and revitalising bath.
- Start your Valentine’s Day in the most memorable way and catch the first light of the morning on the waters of Sydney Harbour with a private sunrise kayak tour with Oz Paddle. Experience the calm of the city before it wakes, passing by Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge before stopping at a secluded beach.
- Enjoy a luxurious pet-friendly staycation in Sydney, curated specially for you and your four-legged friend by The Langham Sydney. Enjoy a Pawesome Pet gift bag on arrival, treat your pal to an exclusive puppy high-tea while you indulge in your own and get pampered with a paw- dicure – and pedicure – alike.
- Find a dog-friendly picturesque location in Sydney and NSW for you and your pup, and set up the ultimate photoshoot by a professional Pawtastic Photography dog photographer. Head to Centennial Park or Royal Botanic Garden in Sydney, or dog-friendly spots around the Blue Mountains or Southern Highlands.
- Round up your GAL-entines or adventure buddies and make memories you’ll never forget. View an astonishing array of wildlife including meter long stingrays and tiny seahorses as you snorkel around Cabbage Tree Bay in Manly. Close out the adventures with an Elderflower Spritz on the rooftop of Manly Greenhouse.
- Book a romantic escape at Nimbo Fork Lodge nestled in the Snowy Valleys, and enjoy an intimate farm-to-table dining experience at the new Three Blue Ducks restaurant. Book an exclusive half-day Vine to Wine Adventure by helicopter visiting two award-winning cellar door wineries.
- Indulge in the ultimate aphrodisiac, the Sydney Rock Oyster, along the NSW South Coast from Shoalhaven to Eden. Visit Rick Stein at Bannisters Mollymook, The Oyster Shed at Batemans Bay, and Broadwater Oysters in Pambula, to name a few.
- Treat yourselves and plan a getaway to remember with Mr. Wallace’s 5 night ‘Bush + Beach’ Private Jet Journey. Get the VIP treatment and fly by private plane, dine in stunning vineyards, shop local, and stay overnight in stunning accommodation across the NSW North Coast.
- Go camping – luxe-style – at The Cove in Jervis Bay. Located within the rainforests of Booderee National Park, this beachside paradise is a perfect weekend getaway. Soak in the tranquillity with a luxurious outdoor bath, wake up to the sounds of local birds, and unwind on your very own private beach.
- Take your love to new heights with a sunrise hot-air ballooning experience over the rolling hills of Mudgee with Balloon Aloft, followed by a memorable champagne breakfast. Sample award- winning wines at cellar doors like Lowe Wines and Robert Stein Winery, dine on local produce at Elton’s, and snuggle up in the beautifully styled Peppertree Hill cottages.
- Book a short break on NSW’s Sapphire Coast and learn how to make your own bespoke bottle of gin at multi-award-winning distillery North of Eden Gin’s Gin School. Spend the night under the stars at Currajong Retreat, offering romantic private-tented accommodation set high upon a cliff overlooking the river and valley below.
- For a Valentine’s Day escape high on luxury, stay at the remote and heavenly Emirates One & Only Wolgan Valley and add The Krug Champagne Picnic to your reservation. Be whisked away by 4WD to a secluded location boasting incredible views of the Blue Mountains, before settling down for a lunch complete with locally-sourced delicacies and flutes of Krug Champagne.
- Experience the romance of a relaxing 60-minute sunset camel ride along the sands of Birubi Beach at Anna Bay with Oakfieldranch Camel Rides, before checking in for a few nights’ stay at Bannisters Port Stephens. Delight your tastebuds with the Nelson Bay Rock Lobster Thermidor at Rick Stein’s, and revitalise your body with the luxurious ‘Spa Ritual’ package treatment.
- Celebrate your bromance and round up your single mates for a long-weekend in the Southern Highlands. Enjoy a slow cooked spit roast and cold beer, cocktails and live music at the new Hendriks Cognac & Wine Southern Highlands. Tuck in for the night in adjoining rooms at Peppers Craigieburn Bowral, then hit the greens for a round or two of golf in the morning.
- Experience the beauty and tranquility of the bush while enjoying all the creature comforts of a hotel suite in your private Yurt at Talo Retreat on the Murray River. Take advantage of the complimentary kayaks and enjoy a sunset paddle before indulging in a local produce feast from Pacdon Park in the comfort of your Yurt.
- Immerse yourself in the luxurious, adults-only sanctuary of Mt Hay Retreat, featuring private and ultra-exclusive suites. The Big Blue Suite boasts a giant round bathtub on a private deck making the perfect place to relax and enjoy breathtaking views over native bushland.
- Feel the power behind the wheel of a 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera and cruise through the stunning vineyards and rolling countryside of the Hunter region on a three-hour drive with your lover. Book the Hunter Romance Package at voco Kirkton Park Hunter Valley and indulge in luxury accommodation, a heli-wine tasting for two, cocktails, bottle of wine and romantic dinner in Locavore Restaurant.