A simple combination of beef mince and fresh herbs creates a delicious Thai noodle salad for moments when you want to impress.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
500g lean beef mince
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp. fresh Thai herb blend
100g dried rice sticky noodles
125g baby corn, halved lengthways
100g snow peas, trimmed and sliced thinly lengthways
2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
1 cup Thai basil leaves
2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- Place the beef mince, egg and Thai herb blend in a large bowl. Using your hand bring the mixture together and knead until just combined. Shape 1 tbsp. measures of mixture into small patties. Brush or spray the patties lightly with oil.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over a moderately high heat. The patties should sizzle when you add them to the pan, lower the heat to moderate. Cook the patties in three batches for 6-8 minutes each, reheat the pan after each batch. Cook patties until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place noodles and corn in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain. Rinse under cold running water. Drain. Add snow peas, green onion and basil and toss to combine.
- Combine sauce, zest and juice in a small jug. Serve beef patties with rice noodle salad and sauce mixture drizzled over.
- These patties should not be served undercooked, rare or pink. A good guide is that when the skewer is inserted into the meatball, the juices should run clear.
- Try making extra patties and freezing them for another meal.
BeefandLamb.com.au shared this recipe with us.