Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa was recently named ‘Best Overseas Health & Wellness Retreat’ for the 4th time, in Luxury Travel Magazine’s Annual Gold List Awards.
Follow Karina Stewart’s recipe and enjoy this yummy and healthy roesti dish to keep you warm over winter.
- Sweet Potato – 240g
- Celery, very finely sliced – 60g
- Garlic, finely chopped – 10g
- Shallot, finely chopped – 10g
- Shitake mushroom, sliced – 40g
- Rocket leaves – 50g
- String bean, whole – 40g
- Balsamic vinaigrette (see below) – 20 ml
- Coconut oil – 15ml
- Pepper black – dash
- Nutmeg – dash
- Thyme, chopped – 1 knife tip
- Balsamic vinegar – 10ml
- Vegetable stock – 80ml
- Rice flour – 1tsp
- Sea salt – dash
- Garlic, chopped – 2g
- Shallot, chopped – 3g
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- Balsamic vinegar – 5ml
- Olive oil – 20ml
- Black pepper – dash
- Cut the sweet potato into very fine stripes (a mandolin will give best results0
- Heat 10ml of coconut oil in frying pan on low heat. Add the sweet potato, garlic, shallot and celery and sauté for 1 minute. Season with nutmeg and sea salt.
- Remove mixture from frying pan, divid into 6 equal parts. Drop each sweet potato portion back in the frying pan, flatten until it is about 1-2cm thick, and sauté on both sides until nice golden brown colour.
- Now make the mushroom ragout. Heat the remaining 5ml (1tsp) of the coconut oil in a saucepan and sauté garlic, shallot and shitake for about 5 seconds. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced. Stir in the vegetable stock, and simmer for 1 minute. Season with a dash black pepper. Take a small bowl or glass and mix the rice flour with a small amount of water (about 1tsp – enough to make a cloudy liquid). Add this to the mushroom mix, stirring continuously until it thickens. Add the thyme and stir through. Remove from heat.
- Blanch the beans in boiling water for 1 minute, then plunge into ice water. Remove from water.
- Make the Balsamic Vinaigrette by whisking (or shaking) all ingredients together. Season the rocket leaves with a dash of sea salt, pepper and the balsamic vinaigrette.
- Now to serve. Take your serving plates, and build up a stack – first the roesti, then the beans, then the rocket by 3 times. Spoon the mushroom ragout around the roesti stack.
About Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa
Located amid a lush, tropical landscape on the southern coast of Koh Samui, Thailand, the wellness property successfully integrates healing practices, therapies and philosophies from East and West in a serene environment. Best known for its range of Stress & Burnout programs, Kamalaya offers a wide choice of 14 wellness programs for a healthy lifestyle spanning from Sleep to Fitness. Kamalaya is also well known for its healthy cuisine, and to create a little taste of Kamalaya at home, find here a couple of winter warmer recipes to try at home…