This delicious Cafe Latte Mousse Cup recipe is from our baking editor My Cupcake Addiction’s Elise Strachan’s first cook book Sweet! Celebrations published by Murdoch Books.
As Elise says in her book, “Life is sweet, but it can always be a little sweeter!’
Here are The Carousel we are very proud of Elise because she has grown her love of cooking into a worldwide success and become known as the People’s Baker. Her trick is in making it all so easy for us to put the wow factor back into our sweet creations and in doing so our home grown Aussie from the Gold Coast has won the hearts of millions.
Just try this tea time dessert and you’ll see what we mean.
Makes 10 Servings
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 60 ml boiling water
- 100 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 600 ml thickened (whipping) cream
- 10 (90 ml capacity) espresso glasses
- Coffee beans and cocoa powder
1. In a small bowl, stir the coffee and boiling water together until the coffee has dissolved. Refrigerate until cold.
2. Melt the milk chocolate with 60 ml of the cream and stir to form a ganache.
3. Using an electric mixer, whip the remaining cream until soft peaks start to form. Be careful not to overwhip. Set aside and refrigerate half of the whipped cream.
4. Using a spatula and large sweeping motions, gently fold the ganache and cooled coffee into the remaining whipped cream, until combined.
5. Divide the mousse mixture among the espresso glasses, leaving a 1 cm gap at the top of each glass. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Once the mousse is set, spoon the reserved whipped cream on top, filling to just below the rim of each glass.
7. Decorate the top of the mousse with a coffee bean and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
Image and recipe from Sweet! Celebrations by Elise Strachan (Murdoch Books $39.99)