- 1 large kent pumpkin (about 2 kg), unpeeled, deseeded and cut into large wedges
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 small handful of coriander leaves 1 lime, cut into cheeks, to serve
- 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) olive oil
- 1 Hass avocado. Hass avocados have a creamy texture that’s perfect for smashing
- 1 handful of coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- pinch of sea salt
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Place the pumpkin pieces on the prepared tray and, using your hands, massage in the oil and spices to coat well. Season generously with salt and pepper and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft and caramelised, with crispy skin and a lovely golden-brown colour on the outside.
While your pumpkin is cooking, make the avocado dressing. Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blitz until well combined, smooth and creamy. Set aside.
To serve, divide the pumpkin wedges among plates or pile onto a large plate.
TIP: Hass avocados are known for their pebbly skin that changes to a purple colour as they ripen. As well as looking at the skin colour, you can press gently near the top of the avocado to tell if it’s ripe. If it gives a little, it is ready to go!
For more healthy recipes, click here.