It’s hard to believe this delicious meal from The Fast 800 Easy by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison only has 340 calories per portion.
PREP 10 mins
COOK 40 mins
PER SERVING 340 cals | PROTEIN 17g | CARBS 5.5g | FAT 27.5g | FIBRE 2g
This light and minty crustless quiche is lifted by the salty feta. Perfect for a packed lunch, it will also keep well in the fridge for up to two days. Serve warm or cold with a lightly dressed mixed salad.
- 1 tsp olive or canola oil, for greasing
- 200g feta, cut into roughly 1.5cm cubes
- 200g frozen peas, thawed
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 200g full-fat crème fraîche
- 1 heaped tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6 and lightly oil a shallow round 20cm ceramic pie or quiche dish. It should be around 4cm deep.
2. Arrange the cubes of feta and the peas in the dish and sprinkle over the spring onions.
3. Beat the eggs and crème fraîche together in a bowl, then stir in the mint and season well with ground black pepper. (You probably won’t need salt as the cheese is salty already.)
4. Pour the egg mixture over the feta and peas and bake for about 35–40 minutes, or until just set. (Test by inserting the tip of a knife into the centre – there should be no liquid remaining.)
5. Leave the quiche to cool for few minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
Quickly thaw the peas by putting in a sieve and pouring just-boiled water slowly over the top.Drain well.
Extracted from The Fast 800 Easy by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison. Published by Simon & Schuster Australia, RRP $35. Photography © Smith & Gilmour