Looking for an easy to prepare snacks? These Mandarin Ricotta Fritters are just the right ones! Snack on fluffy dessert giving you lusciously sweet and tangy taste.
8 large eggs
300 grams sugar
4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 kg ricotta buffalo
Zest of 4 mandarins
500 grams plain flour
40g grams baking powder
160 mls milk
150 mls mandarin juice
40ml mandarin Agrumato olive oil*
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add ricotta and zest until incorporated, then add milk. Combine flour and baking powder and incorporate into ricotta mix. Whisk in milk.
- Let mix rest in fridge for 1 hour.
- Deep fry 3 tablespoons of ricotta fritters, turning over to colour evenly.
- Drain the fritters well, and dust in icing sugar.
- Drizzle with mandarin reduction and serve with custard or vanilla gelato.
- Make a light, dry caramel with sugar.
- Add juice and reduce by two-thirds.
- Whisk mandarin oil to emulsify.
*can be substituted for lemon, blood orange or orange Agrumato olive oil (also adjust the zest accordingly)