300grams 5/15 Octopus
8 cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
12 picked basil leaves
1 Spanish Onion (Sliced)
8 Kalamata Olives
50ml Sweet Chilli Sauce
50ml Balsamic Reduction
50ml Olive Oil
Zest of 1 lemon
200grams baby roquette
– In small baking dish place octopus on baking paper, lightly cover in Olive Oil, season with paprika and lemon zest and cover with Baking paper so to keep moisture in, letting the Octopus to braise in its natural juices.
– Place in pre heated oven for 45 mins to 1hr on 100 degrees.
– When Octopus is cooked, leave in liquid for no less than 30 mins, this will tenderise the octopus even more.
– Drain Octupus in a strainer. Then finish off by cooking on a grill or bbq till lightly crisp and remove.
– In a pan on 160 degrees add a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté cherry tomatoes, olives and Spanish onions.
– Add octopus and basil leaves, then add Sweet Chili Sauce and Balsamic reduction till it starts to emulsify,
– Finish by adding roquette, then toss and serve.