This delicious stew recipe can turn the dreariest winter day into a special occasion for the whole family.
What’s more, it’s cheap, nutritious and takes just 20 minutes to make.
- 1 whole chicken (cut and skin removed or you can use chicken drumsticks or chicken breast)
- 1 broccoli (cut into chunks)
- 2 carrots (cut into chunks)
- ½ sweet potato (cut into chunks)
- ½ cauliflower (cut into chunks)
- ½ bunch of mint
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. cloves
- In a large pot, lightly fry the diced onion, tomato and mint in some good quality oil.
- Add in the peppercorn, cinnamon sticks and cloves and simmer for another 2mins.
- Add in some salt to taste.
- Throw in your chicken pieces and thoroughly mix through the onion and tomato base. Then cover the chicken with water, so it is completely covered and cook on medium heat for 10mins, covered with a lid.
- Add in your sweet potato and cook for 5mins more.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and more water so the vegetables are just about ¾ covered. Place the lid on and cook on simmer for another 10mins.