The line between bartender and barista is getting more and more blurred. We are seeing the sharing and exchange of information and the mutual respect each one has for the other’s craft.
The coffee cocktail culture is constantly growing and bringing these two professions together to share their love and passion. If you want to go beyond the iconic Espresso Martini, here are three recipes to try.
Tia Mint Americano
- 50ml Tia Maria
- double shot of espresso
- 10ml sugar syrup
- 6 mint leaves
- Splash of sparkling water
- In the cocktail shaker add Tia Maria, espresso, sugar syrup, mint and ice.
- Shake well and double strain (through a fine sieve) over cubed or crushed ice in a highball glass.
- Add a splash of sparkling water.
- Garnish with a mint leaf.
- 30ml Tia Maria
- 30ml Vodka or Rum
- Shot of espresso
- In the cocktail shaker add Tia Maria, Vodka or rum and espresso.
- Shake well and strain into a coupe glass.
- To make the foam, add 100ml salted caramel syrup or Morello cherry syrup, 200ml water and two egg whites into a cream gun. charge with two cream chargers and shake well.
- Add the foam on top of the drink and garnish with salted fudge or single cherry.
Iced Popcorn Frappe
- 50 ml Tia Maria
- Double shot of espresso
- 50ml Milk
- 20ml popcorn syrup
- In the cocktail shaker add Tia Maria, espresso, milk, popcorn syrup and ice.
- Shake well and pour straight into a coffee latte glass.
- Garnish with sweet popcorn.￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
All the aperitif lovers will also like: