If you’re not really in the mood for the thicker pancake, why not try out the classic French crêpe? It’s light, delicious and perfect for your sweet tooth.
Makes 10-12 crêpes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
What will I need to make these French crêpes?
- 120g all-purpose flower
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 500 ml of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Sift the flour into a large bowl
- Add the sugar, the three eggs, and the milk
- Stir until all is incorporated
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract and keep stirring
- Once all nice and mixed, make sure there aren’t any lumps and cover the bowl with cling wrap to store in the fridge for at least an hour to rest
- Once rested, heat up a pan (preferably flat and wide)
- Using a ladle, scoop up the mixture and pour it into the pan maneuvering it in a way that the mixture spreads evenly
- Then flip, serve and repeat
The best part about French crêpes is that once they’re cooked, it’s up to you to get creative. Try banana and peanut butter, Nutella and banana, sugar and lemon and many other combinations – you could even add some ice cream. The world is your crêpe!