The succulent, perfectly grilled meat, nestled between soft, toasted buns and coated with the tantalising spicy kick of Umami Papi’s signature oil, of this chilli steak sandwich will leave your taste buds tingling.
Ingredients (Serves One)
1 Ciabatta bread roll
Piece of steak
1 handful rocket lettuce
8 cherry tomatoes
1 pinch dried mixed herbs
4 tbsp Kewpie Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Umami Papi Chilli Oil
1 block Haloumi cheese
1 bunch rosemary
Small bunch thyme
1 bulb garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place garlic in aluminium foil and lather with Umami Papi Chilli Oil.
- Wrap the garlic in the foil and place into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle the mixed herbs onto chopped
tomatoes. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Combine Umami Papi Chilli Oil with the mayonnaise and mix well. Place it in the
fridge for later.
- Once the garlic is cooked, remove from the oven and set aside for approximately 7
minutes. Once it has cooled add the garlic to the butter. Mix well and keep it in the
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Add cooking oil to a hot pan and sear both
sides for 3-4 minutes each, depending on how you like your steak.
- Finish the steak off in the pan by adding butter with rosemary and thyme and then
basting the steak.
- Toast the bread with the leftover butter in the pan.
- Slice the haloumi cheese into long strips and cook both side on a grill pan.
- Slice the steak into horizontal strips.
- Spread the garlic butter on both sides of the bread.
- Assemble the sandwich by adding the rocket, steak, umami mayo, cherry tomatoes
- Finish with a final drizzle of Umami Papi Chilli Oil.
- Slice in half and enjoy!