Some of us will own up to it, and others won’t. Each to their own, I say.
Me, I prefer to own it, which is just as well considering how easily I bruise!
We’ve all seen the horror stories too; bloated puffy faces that end up looking older than their years, and lips to give Khloe or Kylie a run for their money.
It’s a filler fight out there and finding the practitioner that has your best interests (and not their wallets) at heart is hard to find. BUT they are out there.
Here’s what I’ve learned from a few years’ experience – less is more people!
I know it sounds simple but really, it’s not. There are some injectors that will solve your problems by filling you up, and up, and up.
There really is no quick fix. It’s a long term strategy that involves great skin care with core active ingredients. Remember, minimal fillers when used by an experienced injector can be very effective.
Diet plays a large part – protein is key and a healthy diet, lots of water too. But most importantly, learn to love yourself.
Here are a few other key factors to keep top of mind:
- Your injector’s experience (always see a doctor)
- Check their reviews
- Ensure they look at a long-term strategy for you, not a quick fix
- They should want to get to know your face and choose a program specifically for you
- Different fillers give different results – one size does not fit all
- What products do they use – do your own research on them
- Quality over quantity: always
- Never be afraid to ask questions
- It’s your face – you have the final say. If you feel uncomfortable don’t proceed
- One size doesn’t fit all. We are all unique – what may look great on Kylie, may not look good on you
- Have a consult – a good injector will spend quality time with you
- Less is more – you can always go back for a top up, but it’s painful to get it dissolved
- ALWAYS consult a professional
Next week I’ll give you the low down on my actual treatment, what happens during the procedure, how it feels, the results and all the bits you won’t hear from marketing spiel.
By Jo Harvey Graham
Jo is The Carousel’s unabashed cosmetic junkie. She road tests products and procedures first, so you can make the most informed decisions possible.