As our fragile world changes, there has been a surge in the beauty industry to change with it, developing more sustainable practices, ingredients and procedures. Because our choices effect our planet’s future, people more often than not want to buy products with the comfort of knowing it is not causing damage to our environment.
We are happy to hear that leading consumer beauty brand, Garnier, has released its first ever Sustainability Progress Report with ambitious goals for 2025. The initiative aims to transform every stage of Garnier’s value chain, reducing or eradicating environmental impact and helping consumers make a more sustainable choice. Garnier is giving us the products we love, and leaving us guilt free.
Garnier’s goals include
Plastic & Packaging
- By 2025, Garnier will aim to use Zero Virgin Plastic in all packaging, saving 37,000 tonnes of plastic every year.
- By 2025 all packaging will also be either reusable, recyclable or compostable.
Product & Formula
- By 2022, all plant-based and renewable ingredients will be sustainably sourced.
- By 2025, 100% of Garnier’s new products will have an improved environmental profile.
Factories & Manufacturing
- 100% Carbon Neutral industrial sites by 2025, through the use of renewable energy.
- CO2 emissions of industrial sites already reduced by 72%.
- By 2025 Garnier will have empowered 800 communities worldwide as part of our Solidarity sourcing programme.
In addition, Garnier will be one of the first brands to implement a Product Environmental & Social Impact Labelling. This aims to inform consumers on the environmental and social impact of their products, empowering them to make more sustainable choices. They will also be partnering with NGO’S Ocean Conservancy and Plastics for change, helping our oceans to stay clean and safe for marine life and with the overall social and environmental impacts of plastic pollution.
Adrien Koskas, Garnier Global Brand President, says “We pledge to lessen our impact on the planet and innovate for a sustainable future. It will take time, but Green Beauty will transform Garnier, and we hope the beauty industry as a whole.”
Check out our story on Essential Oils here – https://thecarousel.com/beauty/the-magic-of-essential-oils/