As a shopper and someone who actively considers health and sustainability in my purchases, I do have a bias for buying organic and buying Australian. I do love to use organic, botanical home products, skincare and hair care.
I recently had a discussion with a friend who was picking my brain on organic skin care products that get results. She was of the opinion that organic products were ‘not as effective’, ‘have a funny smell’ and were ‘not comparable to department store, salon brands’.
It was a challenging conversation. I made some recommendations to her and her response was
Are these products in your bathroom?
Given her criteria, I made a list of some of my favourite Australian organic, botanicals that deliver.
Based on her questions including, how the product smells, results compared to brand name products, ease of access and comparable pricing I reviewed the following over achieving skincare products against that criteria.
I use different types of cleansers. I like creamy cleansers to remove heavy makeup (like the TV makeup), foaming cleanser in the shower, micellar water for eye makeup removal (or just on a lazy, moisturiser-only day).
I love this creamy cleanser. It is gentle, luxurious and effective for even the most stubborn heavy TV makeup and leaves skin feeling fresh and hydrated.
Blended with pure Australian Certified RosehipPLUS Rosehip Oil, as well as Jojoba and Sea Buckthorn essential oils.
- Fragrance is neutral
- Results are the best I have had for this type of cleanser
- Availability the RosehipPlus brand is readily available online and in pharmacies
- Price RRP $16.95 which is stunning value for the quality of this product
A pump of this cleanser delivers a light cloud of frothy product which smells as fresh as spring and leaves skin feeling refreshed and clean. This is not one of those foaming cleansers that strips your skin.
Combining aloe vera, cucumber, and green tea extracts with pro-vitamin B5
- The fragrance is fresh and designed to be a sensory lift but not overwhelming
- Results are excellent I recommend using in the shower in the morning
- Be Fraiche products are available from their website.
- Price RRP $35.00 which is at the mid to higher end for this type of product
I have a range of micellar water but this one is by far my favourite. It is gentle. Some other brands are as effective removing makeup but have that stripping feeling after use.
pH balanced, soap free cleansing water infused with organic coconut water, green tea, cucumber and lavender.
- The fragrance is fresh is subtle
- Results are effective but gentle which is ideal particularly used around the fragile eye area
- Availability – Akin products are available from their website and pharmacies
- RRP $17.95 which is good value
- Note: Akin have recently added a new product to the range which is ‘soft and fragrance free’ Micellar water for sensitive skin however I have not used this yet.
This is a Go-to product. When gardening on one of Melbourne’s rare sunny days I got a little too much sun. I reached straight for this oil. It is light, effective and leaves skin feeling nurtured, plump and restored. It is perfect for treating scars and wrinkles.
I also have the travel version which I love.
I have one in the car and one in my handbag. I love rolling around my eyes when they feel tired and around my lips if dry. Given the amount of hand sanitizer my poor hands have been drenched in during Melbourne lockdown, I love rolling this around my cuticles too.
RosehipPLUS® Rosehip Oil contains naturally occurring bioflavonoids and essential fatty acids. Bioflavonoids act as potent antioxidants, helping to reduce free radical damage in the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The essential fatty acids (Omega 3,6 and 9) in the oil help to keep the skin hydrated, moisturised and younger looking.
RosehipPLUS® Rosehip Oil is Australian Certified Organic and PETA approved.
Are these products in your bathroom?
These products reviewed are actually in my bathroom, handbag and travel bag. Yes, I also use other products but these are the staples because they work. Do check out these great Aussie companies making a difference in the beauty world.
- 100% vegan
- Not tested on animals
- Australian owned and made
- No nasties
- Recyclable packaging
Rosehip PLUS – https://rosehipplus.com.au/
Be Fraiche – https://www.befraiche.com/
Akin – http://akin.com.au/