With her on-trend tresses, mesmerising makeup, clear complexion, and signature scent the world’s most iconic doll continues to serve looks that many of us can only aspire to achieve. Here’s how you can delve into the enchanting world of Barbie beauty trends and discover everything you need to bring a touch of Ms. Mattel magic into your everyday routine.
With the #BarbieHair hashtag already viewed in excess of 26.4 Million times on TikTok, it’s clear that there’s a lot of love for Barbie locks. Whether you’re a blonde, brunette, or somewhere in between, maintaining healthy hair with regular trims and nourishing hair treatments is an excellent place to start.
From there, it’s easy to take your pick from one of Barbie’s many classic hair styles. Channel Roller Skating Barbie’s long flowing locks with layers to add volume and dimension. Style your hair into soft, beachy waves by using a curling iron or hot rollers for the ultimate in Beach Barbie hair. Or, for a modern twist on a signature ‘do of the iconic doll, try a sleek high ponytail – which is easy to achieve according to KYK Hair Founder & hair expert, Kristina Youssef.
“To recreate this look, tie the hair into a high-top ponytail and add a clip-in fringe. Use a hair straightener to tuck the ends and create a thicker centre with KYK’s Triple Teaser Comb. Secure the style with KYK’s Get Styling Working Hairspray and accentuate with a big bow at the top,” she says.
Add a big bow to accessorise, and don’t forget to finish with a spritz of shine spray for the ultimate in Barbie Mane-ia.
- KYK Get Styling Working Hairspray, $21.95
- Mermade Hair Barbie Blowout Kit, $129
- Davines More Inside This is Shimmering Mist, $43.95
- Gisou Honey Infused Hair Perfume, $133 at Mecca
- Monday Haircare Volume Conditioner, from $8
A radiant complexion is the basis of Barbie’s beauty. To achieve this, focus on a consistent skincare routine – that starts with a gentle cleanse, followed by targeted treatment and regular moisturisers to keep your skin hydrated and supple. Don’t forget to apply a light-reflecting primer before your foundation to achieve Barbie’s flawless face and natural radiance. Finish off with a setting spray to lock in your look and mimic and maintain a picture-perfect complexion all day long.
- Jurlique Rare Rose Face Oil, $63
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Sleeping Mask, $29
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask, $31 at Sephora
- We all Feel Good Wild Rosella Body Milk, $29.95
- Garnier Hydra Bomb Hyaluronic Acid Sakura Brightening Sheet Mask, $6.99
- Sephora Collection Rose Quartz Gua Sha, $29 at Sephora
- Coco & Eve Antioxidant Face Tanning Micromist, $45
- Australis Barbie Strawberry Face Spritz, $16.95
- Nalia Luminous Serum, $65
Get Dolled Up!
When it comes to Barbie Beauty trends, Ms. Mattel’s makeup is all about accentuating your natural beauty. Start with a flawless base using a lightweight foundation and concealer to even out your skin tone then brush your cheeks with a light bronzer or blush.
Emphasise your eyes with a few coats of mascara or falsies to create Daddy-long-legs-type lashes. Then craft a classic winged eyeliner – the kind that opens up your eyes – to create a captivating gaze. When it comes to eyeshadow, pick a palette that leans towards soft pinks and feminine neutrals. But, don’t be scared of a little sparkle. After all, WWBD (What Would Barbie Do?)
Finally, for your lips and fingertips, Barbie is known for her playful pink pout and perfect pedi. Experiment with bold and bright colours like cute coral, neon fuschia, or a subtle slick of peach to capture her signature charm.
- OPI x Barbie Nail Lacquer in Hi Barbie, $22.95
- Elizabeth Arden Lip Color Lipstick in Persistent Pink, $45
- Benefit Cosmetics High Beam Face Highlighter, $35 at Sephora
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Matte Beauty Blush Wand in Pink Pop, $55 at Mecca
- Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Tinted Lip Oil in Hope, $41 at Sephora
- Fenty Beauty Snapshadows Mix & Match Eyeshadow Palette in Rose, $46 at Sephora
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Primrose Palette, $94 at Sephora
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Softsilver Rose, $15.39
- Summer Fridays Blush Balm Stick in Pink Skies, $45 at Mecca
Finally, fragrance is an essential element of Barbie’s world, with a preference for perfumes that leave a lasting impression of her sweet and playful style. Find a fragrance that exudes femininity. We love those that feature floral notes like jasmine, rose, and lily of the valley, with a hint of fruity accords like berries or citrus for a scentsational take on this Barbie beauty trend.
- Santa Maria Novella Rosa Novella Firenze 1221 Edition, $215
- Parfums de Marley Delina EDP, $489
- Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming EDP, $275 at Sephora
- Who is Elijah Rebel Rose EDP, $179
- Ellis Brooklyn Florist EDP, $173 at Mecca
- Costume National Supergloss EDP, $209
- Kayali Love Fest Burning Cherry 48 EDP, $181 at Sephora
- Boy Smells Rose Load EDP, $157 at Mecca
- L’Occitane Rose EDT, $89