The movie Frozen has been incredibly popular around the world and with it two new Disney princesses were born.
Children everywhere have become infatuated with becoming either Queen Elsa or Princess Anna and little princesses the world over are requesting Frozen parties, Frozen toys and singing “Let It Go” at the top of their lungs.
In order to assist mothers trying to exceed the expectations of tiny divas everywhere, I created a really simple Frozen inspired Snowglobe cake which is incredibly easy to recreate AND has the added bonus of toys to add to the birthday girls (or boys) cache of presents.
I’ve provided a fully comprehensive video tutorial for you to follow at home, so you can see every step of the process to recreate this gorgeous Frozen inspired cake. You can also print your shopping list here so you have a reference to help with gathering the things you’ll need.
This cake may seem daunting to begin with, but you’ll see by the end of my video how utterly simple it is, and very achievable for even the most novice decorator!
To create your Frozen Snowglobe cake you will need:
Tools & Equipment:
- 1 x Silicone giant cupcake case (the flexible silicone ones are best)
- 1 x Offset spatula (optional)
- 1 x Normal Spatula
- 1 x Serrated knife
- 2 x paintbrushes (one for wet and one for dry)
- 1 x Zip lock bag
- 1 x Scissors
- 1 x Fondant rolling pin
- Plain water
- Thin blue ribbon
- Snowflake cookie cutters (I used plunge cutters)
- Small (3″-4″) Frozen figurine set – I got mine on ebay for less than $20!
- 1 x 9″ presentation cake board
- 1 x 4″ circle cutter
- 1 x 4″ cardboard cake board (or a piece of trimmed cardboard)
- 1 x Small round bowl – Mine had a 4″ opening at the top which is the ideal size. You can go smaller, but try not to go larger than 4.5″ as it needs to fit on the base of your giant cupcake mold
- 1 x Baked giant cupcake base (see video below for giant cupcake basics)
- 400g Melted white chocolate tinted blue, or melted blue candy melts
- 1 x Large jar of Nutella, or whatever frosting you desire
- White fondant (recipe video for DIY fondant below)
- 1 x white or pearl shimmer powder or luster dust (optional)
Giant Cupcake Basics
I hope you enjoy this unique take on a Frozen cake, and I’m sure your little Frozen fan will be in awe of whatever you create!
Have you created the Frozen cake? Tell us in the comments below!