You wouldn’t know it by looking at them, but these Christmas tree cookies are actually good for you. With no added sugar and a healthy dose of protein, these biscuits make a tasty, and healthy, addition to your silly season dessert spread.
This recipe is brought to you by dietitian and founder of weight loss meal program Be Fit Food, Kate Save, who applied nutritional science to ensure you can have your cookies and eat them too without worrying about them contributing to a Christmas diet blowout.
3 cups of rolled wholegrain oats
6-8 Tbsp of vanilla protein powder (depending on flavour preference)
6 egg whites
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup of raspberries
4 teaspoons of Natvia
100 mL of water
8 Tbsp natural nut butter
Christmas Tree cookie cutters
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Crack eggs and separate egg whites. Whisk egg whites together.
- Add the nut butter and the water a to dry ingredients and mix through.
- Add egg whites to mixture
- Add Raspberries to mixture and mix through
- Roll out mixture on a large chopping board and cut out tree shapes with Christmas tree cookie cutters.
- Place on lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
Approximately 18 servings