Dan Churchill shares his favourite Saturday morning recipe to get you up and going!
This is of course no regular bread recipe. It looks like bread, it tastes like a dense sesame seed bread and I have even called it bread… so there it is bread. However instead of your pathogen, inflammation and autoimmune response causing wheat base (gluten) being the foundation of this regular staple it is comprised of almond meal. I made this over the weekend and have already had a few epic combinations such as:
-Cashew Nut butter and Strawberries
-Avocado, Tomato and Pepper
-Italian style; Macadamia Oil, salt and pepper
So if you’re like the majority of the people in the world who don’t know how to live without bread, this is perfect for you It definitely cures cravings, but doesn’t cause problems with your gut. So for all you avo and vegemite spreaders out there get involved! I keep mine in the fridge and then put it in the toaster for the morning.
2 Cups Almond Meal
1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1 tsp Organic Baking Powder (optional)
Pinch of Salt
1/4 cup of Assorted seeds
plus extra 2 tsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp Macadamia Oil
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together (almond meal, coconut, baking powder, salt and seeds)
3. In another bowl whisk your eggs until beaten then continue to whisk as you add the coconut oil, Macadamia oil and vinegar.
4. Add the egg mix to the dry and fold through using a spatula
5. Line a baking loaf tin with baking paper and pour the ‘bread’ dough in, before sprinkling over extra seeds and baking for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven. It should be golden on top and dense to touch.
The Carousel thanks Dan Churchill for this recipe.