Try this quick and easy laksa recipe – perfect for anyone on a plant-based diet.
- 2 rice noodle nests (approx. 200g)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large handful of kale
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped spring onions or coriander to serve
For the base:
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 lime, skinned and chopped
- 1/2 chilli • 30g cashews
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 400ml coconut milk
- Put the rice nests in a large bowl and cover with water from the kettle. Leave to stand.
- Place all base ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the sliced onion and mushrooms for about 5 minutes until nice and soft. Add the base cream to the pan and gently bring to a simmer. Drain the noodles and add them to the pan with a handful of kale and give it a good mix until it’s nice and hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately with some fresh spring onion and coriander.
For more vegan recipes, click here.