- 1kg beef mince
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- Loads (or to your taste!) of garlic cloves, crushed
- 700g passata sauce
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Salt to taste
- 60g flour
- 60g melted butter
- 600ml milk
- Lasagna sheets
- Lots of cheese to top
- Brown onions and garlic until they look tasty.
- Add mince and brown. Then add passata, red wine, sugar and salt to taste.
- Simmer until liquid has reduced.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, add combine flour well and cook for one minute in microwave or until mixture looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Add milk, mixing slowly until well combined.
- Cook in microwave for 8 minutes, stirring every minute until thickened.
Assembly and Cooking
- Half mince in oven proof lasagne dish.
- Layer lasagne sheets on top of mince then add half béchamel sauce on top. Then repeat – mince, lasagne sheets, béchamel and top with your amount of cheese! I load mine up but each to their own!
- Cook in oven, preheated to 200°C, covered with aluminum foil for 40min and then remove the foil and cook for a final 10min to brown and crisp up the cheese.
For more inspiration and tips, visit theunglossy.com.au.