Red apple 1 piece
Oats or Muesli Mix, organic 30g
Coconut water 40g
Pineapple juice 80ml
Coconut flesh 40g
Raisins black 25g
Cinnamon powder 1g
Lime juice 1ml
Pineapple flesh 30g
Lime juice 3ml
1. Find a small sized apple, as it is a dessert and shouldn’t be too large.
2. Scrape out the seeds and flesh so there is about 5 cm flesh underneath the skin.
3. Separate the edible flesh and non edible seeds.
4. Heat up the coconut water and add the oats, raisins and cinnamon.
5. Simmer for 8 – 10 minutes, 2 minutes from the end add the chopped coconut flesh, apple flesh and lime juice.
6. Make sure the liquid has been reduced before filling the apple with the mixture.
7. Bake the apple in a pan with pineapple juice in the bottom, otherwise the bottom of the apple gets burnt for aprox. 8 minutes by 190-200 degree Celsius.
8. Blend the mango, lime juice and mint until it becomes a nice smooth sauce. 9. Place the apple on top of the mango coulis and serve.
Kamalaya as a multi-award winning wellness sanctuary and holistic spa on the tropical southern coastline of Koh Samui offering inspired healthy cuisine alongside a choice of tailored wellness programmes including detox, weight loss, stress & burnout, sleep and personalised yoga.
Want to age beautifully? Read Kamalaya Co-Founder, Karina Stewart’s top tips for health ageing here…