A great Spring lunch menu is incomplete without crowd favourites like fish, so this Next Level Smoked Snapper that infuses the moody meeting of Quandong, Kakadu Plum and Hemp with Feels Bask is sure to win you points in the kitchen.
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
3 Garlic cloves
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 Tbsp 5 spice blend
1 knob Ginger
4 Snapper Fillets (skin off)
2 packets of Lemongrass and ginger tea
2 Star anise
1 tsp Sugar
2 red Chillies
30ml Feels Bask
Method for Smoked Snapper
- Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, 5 spice blend and lemon juice in a blender or small processor and blitz until smooth, this is your marinade.
- Remove 3 Tbsp of the marinade and cover the snapper with the rest for 30 minutes or overnight.
- For smoking, add star anise, cinnamon and rice to a skillet without oil and toast for 2 minutes.
- Fold aluminium foil to create a sacked four layers (2 cross folds) and place in a wok, add the cinnamon, chilli, tea, sugar, cinnamon quill, rice and star anise on top.
- Use a steaming basket or a device to create some room between a colander and the wok (you want the smoke to circulate).
- Place snapper on top, cover wok with aluminium foil and lid and turn heat to high.
- Wait 1-2 minutes for smoke to begin to appear before turning heat to low-medium and cooking for 7-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Add saved marinade to a wok on medium high heat and cook pak chou and shishito peppers for 3-5 minutes until slightly soft. Serve with snapper on top.
Watch Dan making his Next Level Smoked Snapper here.
Dan Churchill is the Sydney-born, New York-based celebrity chef who joined Feels Botanical in a move that will see him represent innovation and product development across their range of 100% natural and sustainably sourced, Australian-made alcoholic spirits. While Aussie’s got to know Churchill in Series 5 of MasterChef, since then the International Chef, Best-Selling Cookbook Author and Restaurateur behind Charley St – the impact-driven Australian restaurant based in Nolita, New York City, has gone on to create a burgeoning presence in the global culinary scene, including partnering with Chris Hemsworth and his CENTR app as the chef and nutrition and fitness expert.