Serves 6 people
For this recipe you will need heat-safe aluminum cylinders for the deep frying.
10grams caster sugar 125ml Marsala
Cottonseed oil for frying
250grams icing sugar
100grams mixed candied peel (orange ok)
100grams chopped dark chocolate, fine
1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
1 pinch cinnamon
1. Mix ingredients together with a touch of water if required.
2. Knead until the mixture comes together in a ball and let rest.
3. After about 30 minutes roll out in pasta machine (or use a rolling pin to ensure they are just a couple of millimeters thick).
4. Cut into 5cm x 5cm squares.
5. Roll the pastry around a heat proof aluminum tube.
6. Heat the oil to 180 degrees and deep fry the tubes until golden.
1. Mix together the ricotta, icing sugar, peel, vanilla and cinnamon.
2. Finely slice the chocolate and, using a spatula, gently fold into the ricotta mix.
3. Add a little milk if you require the consistency to thin down.
4. Using a piping bag, squeeze the filling into pastry and serve.