To celebrate National Avo Day today, here’s some inspiration for ingenious ways you never thought to use an avocado from delicious avo meals, drinks to beauty treats.
- 2 large ripe, but firm Australian Avocados
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized shallow dish, stir together the panko, coriander, cumin, and salt. Place the flour in a small bowl and place the egg in a separate small bowl.
- Cut the Australian Avocados lengthwise into 8 slices and peel the skins. Dip each slice in the flour, flipping to coat and shaking off any excess, then dip into the egg, and then the panko mixture.
- Place onto the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- 1 Australian Avocado
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Apply a to a clean face
- Sit back and relax for 10 minutes
- Wash off
- 1/2 of a large Australian Avocado
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 scoop of protein powder, optional
- Peel the avocado and discard the pit.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely smooth.
- Serve cold.
Leftovers can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Prep time: 5 mins
- 1 cup of coconut milk – refrigerated overnight
- 2 ripe Australian Avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 recipe banana cut and frozen
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-5 mint leaves
- Chill a loaf pan in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours
- Blend avocados, solid part of the coconut milk, banana, maple syrup, lemon juice and mint leaves in a high-speed blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight
- For best results, let soften for 10-15 minutes at room temperature before serving