We all know that sex sells. Commercially and socially nothing gets people interested like a good old theory about sex. But are you having too much or not enough?
Now, anyone in a remotely happy relationship can transform into an all-knowing love guru. Someone who has pearls of wisdom about how to improve your love life, whether it is sharing gory details about doing the nasty or using partner comparisons to make you feel inadequate.
All to often we hear people say, “You need to have sex X number of times per week to be happy.” Or, the following pronouncements, “You need to go to yoga together. If he buys you flowers, he is cheating. If he stays late at work, he is cheating. If he isn’t in the mood for sex, he is cheating.”
But break down the facts and figures with Happify– a website and app that aims to improve relationships and wellbeing and you can understand the issues at play yourself.
Happify takes stats from scientific studies around the world and creates easy to digest infographics about sex, relationships and happiness that might help to give you some perspective on your relationship.
The following facts from Happify promises to set you on a happier course. Check it out for yourself.
Top Five Scientific Sex Stats
1. The determining factor in whether couples feel satisfied with the sex, romance, and passion in their marriage is the quality of their friendship with each other, by 70%.
2. People are 55% more likely to report higher levels of happiness if they have sex every few days. However, contrary to popular belief you only need to have sex once a week to preserve your bond and maintain an intimate connection.
3. People in the most successful marriages spend five more hours a week being together and talking.
4. Globally, 64% of men are able to orgasm regularly during sex but only 32% of women are.
5. Switzerland is the country that is most satisfied with their sex life, followed by Spain and Italy.