With the new year almost upon us, let’s support the brands who are leading the change and consistently finding new and innovative ways to protect the environment.
What I love about Aveda is its belief in the importance of environmental sustainability when it comes to business. Just imagine if every brand took the same viewpoint.
Aveda’s focus this year was a limited edition NEW Shampoo bar, NEW sustainable scrunchie sets with Take 3 for the sea, No Wash Day products and litreship!
Here’s 5 ways to make simple switches to your beauty routine to say thanks to mother nature.
Switch regular shampoo for NEW Aveda Shampure Bar
Gentle care for hair and planet. Weightless, long-lasting nourishment for hair.
The Bar is silicone-free, sulphate cleanser free, cruelty-free and vegan, offering gentle care for hair and the planet. Featuring Abyssinian oil, it gently cleanses & provides weightless, long-lasting nourishment while infusing hair with Aveda’s signature calming aroma.The Bar features zero plastic packaging. The carton is 100% post-consumer recycled FSC certified fiber, and by purchasing this shampoo bar you could help us save 2 tons of plastic which is equivalent to 180K water bottles .
Buy A Scrunchie Trio To support Take 3 for the Sea
Aveda Australia has partnered with Take 3 for the Sea and designed a trio scrunchie set sustainably made from post-consumer recycled plastics. 100% RPET.
- This set includes: x 1 blue, x 1 green, x 1 green/blue print trio of Aveda x Take 3 For The Sea scrunchies.
- 100% of profits are donated to Take 3 for the Sea to protect oceans and stop plastic pollution.
- RRP – $20
Use Litres and save plastic!
Aveda’s initiative to reduce the use of plastic with over 40 products within the range that offer a Litre size that also include skincare that come in a 500ml size.
Litreship helps reduce packaging waste by using up to 28% less plastic when you purchase litres instead of regular bottles or tubes.
Skip hair wash days
Did you know you could save 45 litres of water by skipping a shampoo? Aveda’s no wash range encourage’s consumers to save water and extend good hair days four ways with the 4 no wash day products.
- foam reset rinseless hydrating hair cleanser is a multi-benefit scalp and hair leave-in treatment product that cleanses and hydrates hair, tames frizz, and refreshes and cools the scalp. $32
- rinseless refresh micellar hair & scalp refresher instantly cleanse scalp and refresh hair and texture with no-rinse micellar technology. Rinseless refresh micellar hair & scalp refresher revives and refreshes second-day styles with naturally derived styling polymers that help tame frizz for up to 72 hours – even in intense humidity. Suitable for slightly wavy to very tight coily hair textures. 97% naturally derived. $32
- shampure dry shampoo revives hair with naturally derived powders that absorb excess oil and impurities. Calms the senses with an aroma with 25 pure flower and plant essences including certified organic lavender, petitgrain and ylang ylang. $32
Purchase brands who use RECYCLED PACKAGING on their products
90% of the high density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic bottles use a minimum of 80% PCR, made from milk bottles. By our calculation, it saves us over 600 tons of virgin plastic each year (HDPE, or PET).
Aveda also use PET from recycled soda and water bottles for many of our bottles and jars. Bottles with 80% or greater PCR make up nearly 90% of all retail and professional plastic bottles for Aveda. The remaining packaging is either glass, which is frequently recyclable, or plastic tubes that are not yet accepted by municipal recycling programs.