Hosting a stylish Christmas soirée can be extremely stressful. Decorating the house, dressing the tree, wrapping the gifts and setting the perfect table. Jessica Bellef, Head of Styling at Temple & Webster, has some simple, yet expert tips and tricks for decorating your tree, house and dining setting to host a Christmas do that will have everyone talking for all the right reasons.
For The Table…
- For a relaxed lunch, don’t over style the table. Little touches can make a difference, like tying ribbon around cutlery & napkin bundles or a adding a natural element like pinecones
- Use cotton Turkish towels or lengths of printed fabric from a haberdashery store as a colourful alternative to a traditional table cloth
- For a special dinner, pile the table with candles and scatter sparkly ornaments for extra glitz
- Create a signature mocktail using fresh summer fruit pieces and juice, soda water, mint and lots of ice.
For The House…
- Even if Traditional Christmas isn’t your style, hanging a wreath on your front door can be a nice way to get your guests in the festive mood. A rustic driftwood star or a felt pompom wreath in poppy hues, it doesn’t have to be red and green to be festive.
- A stylists’ not so secret go to trick is bunches of flowers. Buy supermarket flowers and add foliage from the garden and tie a bright ribbon around the vase.
For the Presents & Tree…
- Brown paper packages tied up with brightly coloured string really is my favourite thing- especially when you go overboard with colourful twine.
- Finish off your present wrapping by adding a Christmas ornament or a small colourful object like a bright plastic whistle or dinosaur.
- For the most on trend tree this Christmas, add copper ornaments in Scandi inspired geometric shapes.
- Create a warm glow with a star shaped marquee light- place it on the floor next to your tree or on a mantle piece.
Jess Bellef is head stylist at Temple & Webster.
What are some of your top tips for a stylish Christmas? Share them with us below!…