The only thing that has changed with iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus is, well, everything — the 3D Touch allows users to interact with iPhone in entirely new and fun ways, and the innovative Live Photos brings your pictures to life.
Why Are We Crazy About The New iPhone 6s
It’s the new way to navigate and experience iPhone by sensing pressure to enable new gestures.
- Peek and Pop: Press lightly to Peek at a photo, email, web page or other content, and press a little deeper to Pop into the content itself.
- Quick Actions, 3D Touch provides shortcuts to the things you do most, so you can send a message or take a selfie with just a simple press from the Home screen.
Apple introduces Live Photos, which goes beyond snapshots to capture moments in motion. Live Photos are beautiful 12-mega pixel photos that, with just a press, reveal the moments immediately before and after the shot was taken, so you can enjoy a living memory rather than an instant frozen moment in time.
High-Definition Video improves with a resolution of 3840 x 2160, delivering over 8 million pixels. Plus, you can edit on your Mac or iPad and with the latest version of iMovie on iPhone, you can even edit two simultaneous streams!
Apple’s third-generation chip powers with 70 per cent faster power and all with gains in energy efficiency for great battery life. Meaning iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users can browse, download and stream content even faster.
The world’s most advanced mobile operating system, brings more intelligence to iPhone with proactive assistance, powerful search and improved Siri features, all while protecting users’ privacy. Built-in apps become more powerful with a redesigned Notes app, detailed transit information in Maps, and an all-new News app for the best news reading experience on any mobile device.
Pricing & Availability
• iPhone 6s will be available in gold, silver, space grey and the new rose gold metallic finishes for a recommended retail price of A$1,079 inc. GST for the 16GB model, A$1,229 inc. GST for the 64GB model and A$1,379 inc. GST for the 128GB model.
• iPhone 6s Plus will be available in gold, silver, space grey and the new rose gold metallic finishes for a recommended retail price of A$1,229 inc. GST for the 16GB model, A$1,379 inc. GST for the 64GB model and A$1,529 inc. GST for the 128GB model.
• The new iPhones will be available from apple.com/au and Apple Retail Stores; through Telstra, Optus, Vodafone and additional carriers; and from selected Apple Authorised Resellers.
• Both models will be available in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the UK and US beginning Friday, 25 September, with pre-orders beginning Saturday, 12 September.