You’re an upbeat, dynamic character, but can have a short fuse, so it’s important you seek balance.
- Blow off steam with physical activities: choose gym workouts, walks or kick-boxing.
- Consider assertiveness classes if aggression is an issue.
- Balance high-impact workouts with calming activities such as reading, gardening or cooking.
- Achieve work-life balance; schedule relaxation.
- Work smarter not harder; streamline work schedules.
You’re a practical, earthy character, but can get restless when you feel stuck in a rut or you obsess over ideas.
- Ground yourself in nature with bush walks or simply by sitting under a tree.
- Allow yourself to let go of recurring thoughts; consider meditation.
- Avoid stubbornness; consider others’ points of view compassionately.
- Be aware of karma; keep a clear conscience and be conscious of your actions and their impact.
- Indulge your senses with scents and oils.
You’re skilled at multi-tasking and you can exhaust yourself, so it’s vital you support your health.
- Look after your nerves with an herbal tonic from a recommended naturopath or doctor.
- Avoid skipping meals and eat a balanced diet.
- Calm an agitated mind with relaxing visualisation techniques.
- Adopt breathing techniques that can lead to a calm outlook.
- Avoid over-working.
You’re a caring soul, but you tend to look after everyone else and forget to self-nurture.
- Put yourself at the top of your nurturing schedule. It’s not selfish, it’s practical.
- Prepare comforting and grounding meals: eat with family or friends when possible.
- Make mealtimes a conflict-free zone.
- Enjoy swims or walks on the beach, by a river or a lake.
- Meditate: this will increase your feel-good factor.
You love to shine and life can become a whirlwind, so it’s essential you top up energy levels regularly.
- Recognise when you’re exhausted and bolster energy levels with superfoods.
- Although you appear self-confident, you can lack self-esteem, so practice positive self-talk.
- Balance your extrovert energy with soothing music and sensual treats.
- Be prepared to agree to disagree if conflict arises.
- Avoid pandering to your fears; be prepared to shine.
Ensure you balance your analytical ideas with realistic plans to avoid fixating on details.
- Enjoy communing with nature: you’re an Earth spirit, after all.
- Organise your itinerary to create more ‘me’ time.
- Avoid obsessing over every detail; be prepared to be spontaneous too.
- Be forgiving: of yourself, most of all.
- Avoid overt self-criticism, which can cause low self-esteem and avoidance of new experiences.
To avoid indecision, try to combine your innovative ideas with practicalities.
- Make decision-making easier: list ‘pros’ and a ‘cons’ and then stick to decisions.
- Indulge in life’s pleasures, but avoid over-indulgence.
- Practice the wisdom of acceptance: some things in life are inevitable.
- Calm your mind with yoga, music and creativity.
- Give yourself a break: you don’t always have to be the peace-maker.
Passionate and intense, you crave peace of mind when drama prevails.
- Call ‘time out’ when a situation is becoming dramatic.
- Relax with massage or reflexology.
- Keep a clear conscience. This promotes positive action and limits regrets.
- Enjoy spa treatments: you’ll find water soothing.
- Learn self-calming techniques such as breathing exercises.
You aim high, but can become disappointed unless you set yourself realistic goals.
- Sports and recreation are integral to your peace of mind.
- Keep your competitive nature in line with bigger-picture goals to avoid distractions.
- Envisage already having obtained your goals; then it’s a case of doing it.
- Think abundance, not scarcity, and fulfil your prophecy.
- Keep a notebook handy to jot down bright ideas.
You seek prestige and success, and can push yourself hard, but must avoid being tough on yourself.
- Ensure your self-talk is positive, not self-deprecating.
- Feel ‘grounded’ by literally getting your feet on the ground: walk in nature.
- Be fulfilled by ensuring your activities align with your values.
- Believe in yourself. Seek like-minded people who believe in themselves – and you too.
- Practice activities that promote wellbeing and confidence, such as t’ai chi.
You’re the zodiac’s maverick and yet you also have a no-nonsense side which, combined, can bring peace of mind.
- Let your free spirit run free: schedule regular getaways.
- Make time for fun and activities that promote lateral thinking, such as comedy nights.
- Enjoy being individualistic, but avoid ostracising yourself.
- Practice awareness of the present. This will help avoid worry and distractions.
- Let your inner quirkiness out – be yourself.
You’re a dreamer and an idealist, but life can appear harsh unless you’re realistic too.
- Indulge your imagination; practice art and crafts, write, make music and dance.
- Enjoy regular flights of fancy with film nights and book clubs, but avoid escapism.
- Ditch bad habits that only delay facing reality.
- Avoid victim-martyr roles; ban self-pity.
- Enjoy the soothing effects of water: swimming, laying on the beach, spas, showers.
Patsy Bennett is the author of Astrology Secrets of the Moon (Rockpool Publishing $27.99), available at all good book stores and online at www.rockpoolpublishing.com.au